Thursday, May 9, 2013

Raw Mango Pear Cobbler



My diet routine is pretty simple. When I'm hungry I just throw some chopped fruits into my bowl and enjoy it as it is. But when it comes to preparing food for someone else, I want it to be stunning. Especially in the cases of visit from your friends or relatives, you want to have an impressive recipe on hand. This cobbler is something I would absolutely share with my friends and family. 


It's simple to make so you don't need to spend hours in the kitchen whipping up cashew nut creams and waiting for your dehydrator to be done. You can enjoy this cobbler as dessert or even as main dish if you want. It's low calorie, low fat and high in fruit! I never met anyone that wouldn't like mangos. It's one of the most delicious fruits out there. To combine it with pear was a great idea. The softness and sweetness of pear goes great with the sweet and sour taste of ripe mango.


It needed some color, and the raspberries were just a wonderful choice. You can substitute them with some other berry fruit if you wish. Blueberries or blackberries would be great too. Be creative and play with food!


In future you may find on this blog some special posts about organic homemade body care and make-up. I'll give you some tips and show how to make your own organic lipgloss, mineral foundation or body lotion. If you have some special wishes, let me know in the comment section bellow or send me an email. 


Raw Mango Pear Cobbler

makes one medium pie size cobbler

Cobbler
3 big pears, sliced thin
1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced thin
1/4 cup hazelnut flour

Cream
1/2 ripe mango, peeled and chopped
1 big banana
1/2 cup dates, pitted
1 tsp pure vanilla powder

Garnish
1/2 cup raspberries
Some saved slices of pear and pieces of chopped mango

1 medium size pie form

To make the cream: Place all ingredients in your food processor and pulse until smooth.
To make the cobbler: Sprinkle hazelnut flour in your pie form and cover with layer of pear slices. Spread the mango cream and add layer of mango slices. Continue the process and finish with the cream on the top. Sprinkle with hazelnut flour and garnish. Slice and eat!

My tip: If you wish the cobbler to be completely nut free, simply skip the hazelnut flour. It will taste delicious and hold together either with nuts or without.






No comments:

Post a Comment