Monday, June 17, 2013

Raw Strawberry Filled Apple Dumplings with Creamy Mango Sauce *nut free*



What I love about Raw Food the most are the sweet, sin free recipes full of fruity tastes. I was never into using grains or too much nuts and seeds in my recipes. Although I like to use nuts and seeds occasionally. Fruits make me feel light and full of energy. Fresh, ripe and sweet fruits are the biggest part of my diet and I just love to experiment with different kinds and combine them in my recipes.




This recipe is inspired by traditional czech recipe that reminds me of my childhood. I grew up in Slovakia and big part of my family lives in Czech republic. Traditional sweet dumplings are made from pastry filled with marmalade and steamed. They are often coated with melted butter and topped with poppy seeds or nuts. 


It's very hard to fight your childhood memories linked to food, but I believe my juicy dumpling are better then any dumplings I ever tasted back at home. I didn't expect so much from this recipe since it's very simple and was done in minutes, but it was so good, I even liked it more then raw crepes, which is my favourite raw recipe. These dumplings are perfect for breakfast or even as dessert, enjoy!


Raw Strawberry Filled Apple Dumplings with Creamy Mango Sauce

makes 10 dumplings

Apple dumplings:
3 big apples, shredded
1/2 tsp cinnamon 
1 cup strawberries, chopped
2 Tbsp mano sauce (recipe below)

Creamy mango sauce:
1 big ripe mango
1 ripe banana
1/2 tsp pure vanilla powder or vanilla extract

Garnish:
strawberries, sliced
poppy seeds

To make the dumplings: Mix shredded apples, cinnamon and 2 Tbsp of mango sauce with hands and form into balls. Make a hole in each and fill with shopped strawberries - you want them to be shopped to very small cubes. 
To make the sauce: Blend all ingredients in your blender and pour over your dumplings served on a plate. Garnish with sliced strawberries and top with poppy seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment