Friday, September 20, 2013

Maracuya, Peach and Sage Ice Cream Parfait


It's been pretty busy friday, so I almost didn't get to write this post. I spent all day out in town and now it's so beautiful autumn weather that I can't wait until I get outside again. It's truly pleasant weather here in Sweden, not too cold, not too hot anymore and sun is shining almost every day. Hope you all enjoy this time of year, where ever in the world you are right now.


The parfait you see on the pictures is a surprise I made for my boyfriend once. He got me an ice cream maker for my birthday and I was so excited to try it! He knew I wanted one very much. I had an idea of tropical ice cream combined with some kind of herb. The sage won. I was pleasantly surprised by the taste. Sweet, creamy and a bit spicy. 


But don't be worried, even if you don't have an ice cream maker, you can easily make this recipe by simply using frozen fruits. Just freeze the ingredients the night before you want to make the parfait or buy it already frozen. It's such refreshing dessert. I know I promised to share more savoury recipes but I'm one fruity girl, it's not easy to switch to more vegetables. Usually I just eat bowl of plain salad and have another portion of fruits. But I've got many recipe ideas so I will soon upload a lot of great, savoury recipes.


Maracuya, Peach and Sage Ice Cream Parfait

makes 2 portions

3 big peaches
1 big peach, sliced
juice of 3 maracuyas
2 big, ripe bananas
1 big, ripe banana, sliced
juice of 1 big orange
1/4 cup of sage 
1/4 cup of mint 
3 Tbsp of agave nectar or other sweetener 

some saved leaves of sage for garnish

1. Place all ingredients except the sliced peaches and bananas in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Start your ice cream maker and pour the mixture in. When firm and completely frozen, set aside. 
2. Place a layer of sliced peaches in small glass and cover with layer of ice cream. Continue with layer of sliced bananas and another layer of ice cram. Continue the process until the glass is full. Top with scoops of ice cram and garnish with slices of fruits and some leaves of sage.

In the case you have no ice cream maker: Chop 3 peaches and 2 bananas and freeze over night. Place in high speed blender together with sage, mint, juice of maracuya and orange and agave nectar. Blend until smooth and place in freezer for at least half an hour. Then continue with the step 2 above. 

Don't forget to like my new facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/spicedblueberryshake



1 comment: