Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Raw Pistachio Strawberry Bites


The Summer is over and I can't think of better way of saying goodbye than having sweet summer treat. And what says summer more then beautiful, juicy strawberries? I hope you all had as great summer time as I had. We had so nice weather here in Sweden that I spent most of my free time outside, suntanning, swimming in the ocean on the west coast of Sweden where I spent my vacation or roller skating, which is my favourite cardio exercise. 


My gym was rebuilding almost all summer so I didn't work out for while. Now I'm starting with new work out plan with new equipment in rebuilt interiors so I'm pretty exited. Now when it's getting colder I'll be exercising more indoor; swimming, yoga and strength work out. Healthy diet is of course very important and that's why I will continue to share with you my tasty, low fat creations as always. I will also share more savoury recipes since I have so much ideas and since I can't eat so many sweets if I want to get in form.


To tell you something more about today's recipe, it's simple, gorgeous and delicious! It's perfect when having visitors, it's fast to prepare and it looks amazing. Very important is to pick big, fresh looking strawberries. Pistachios must be unroasted and unsalted. In Sweden you can get them at Willy's. So if you're making party and want to offer your guests something sweet and healthy, go pick your strawberries and let's make this delicious treat.


Raw Pistachio Strawberry Bites

Raw white chocolate:
1/2 cup raw cocoa butter or coconut butter/oil
2 Tbsp raw agave nectar
1/4 cup cashews, soaked 
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

3 cups strawberries
3/4 cup raw pistachios

To make the chocolate: combine all ingredients in high speed blender and pulse until completely smooth. Chop up the pistachios and place in small bowl. Dip your strawberries in the chocolate and pistachios. Place in fridge or freezer for about an hour. Serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment