Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Raw Walnut Tacos with Jalapeño and Cilantro Salsa *low fat*


Don't forget to visit also my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/spicedblueberryshake 
 and give me your like and share, thanks!

Many taco recipes use walnuts for the "meat" taste. I decided to make a low fat version using small amount of walnuts, portabello mushrooms, garlic, pinch of cumin and splash of tamari. I got my boyfriend to taste it, since I don't have so much experiences with non vegan version of tacos and he approved the taste and said, that he wouldn't notice it's not meat. I myself, was also very satisfied with the taste and I can't wait to make these great tacos again.


I always try to make my recipes tasty not only for vegans, raw vegans or vegetarians but also for those eat eat dairy and meat. That's my biggest goal with my recipes. Making food that is healthy, nutritious and so delicious, that you forget about junk food for ever. Who needs unhealthy food when there are easy ways to prepare nutritious, colourful and fresh food every day.


Sometimes, it takes me only couple of minutes to prepare my food. I heard people saying that raw food diet requires a lot of time. Really? I can make a raw vegan cheese cake in half an hour. That you need to dehydrate food for hours? How many times did I upload recipe that required dehydrator? Maybe once. You don't need any dehydrator to eat raw and dehydrating doesn't actually take your time. You can turn on your dehydrator before going to sleep and on the next morning you get fresh made granola or dehydrated fruits for breakfast. Eating healthy is easier then you think!


Raw Walnut Tacos with Jalapeño and Cilantro Salsa

serves 2

Taco meat:
4 big portabello mushrooms, chopped
2 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
2 Tbsp sun dried tomatoes, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp tamari
1 tsp cumin

Salsa:
2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
2 jalapeños, chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 big onion, chopped
1 avocado, peeled and chopped

Raw mayonnaise sauce:
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 cup zucchini, peeled and chopped
1 Tbsp mustard seeds
squeeze of lime juice
pinch of black pepper
1/2 cup water

4 leaves of romaine lettuce

To make the taco "meat": Chop the portabello mushrooms and walnuts very tiny and put in a bowl. Mix with rest of ingredients and place in fridge. 
To make the salsa: Place all ingredients in a bowl, mix it together and put aside.
To make the mayonnaise sauce: Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
Assembly: Staff the leaves of lettuce with your taco "meat", salsa and pour over with the mayonnaise. Ready to serve!


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/8885759/?claim=4tf4d7sur7t">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment