Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Raw Mocca Mousse Cake

Dont forget to visit also my Facebook page HERE and give me your like and share, thanks!

I don't know how about you, but to me, smell of fresh ground coffee is smell of sunny mornings. I didn't use to drink much coffee in my old days, but I always loved candy and cakes with coffee taste. I wanted to create some healthy raw dessert with mocca taste and I found out that mesquite powder adds similar taste to mocca taste to deserts. 


Have you ever tried mesquite powder? Mesquite, also known as algorroba, is a leguminous plant found in arid parts of South America. Mesquite is high in protein, low on the glycemic index, and a good source of soluble fiber, meaning it digests relatively slowly and does not cause spikes in blood sugar. This gluten free powder is also a good source of calcium, iron, lysine, manganese, zinc and potassium. 


I made this beautiful cake for my family when I was at my moms place in northern Sweden and we all loved it. I loved that time spent with them, not only because I had finally someone to make food for, but also because Zuzana, girlfriend of my brother and my great friend was helping and inspiring me. She has huge interest in raw food and it's always very inspiring when people show you interest, ask and want to help. I wish you all have as great support in your diet from your family as I have!


Raw Mocca Mousse Cake

makes 1 10 - inch cake

Crust:
1 1/2 cup pulp from hemp seed milk or almond milk (can be substituted with almond flour)
1 cup dates, pitted
1/3 cup raw cocoa powder
1 tsp pure vanilla powder
1 tsp coffee extract (or 2 Tbsp black coffee)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 
2 Tbsp raw mesquite powder

Mousse cream:
2 cups dates, pitted
3 Tbs raw cocoa powder
4 Tbsp raw mesquite powder
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
5 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
2 tsp coffee extract (or 4 Tbsp black coffee)

Garnish:
2 Tbsp raw cocoa powder
2 Tbsp coffee beans

10 - inch spring form, coated with coconut oil or rapeseed oil

To make the crust: Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until you get formable mass. Press the mass into your spring form to get flat crust on the bottom. 
To make the mousse cream: Place all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until you get a smooth cream. Stir in to the spring form. Place in freezer for at least 6 hours until set. When serving, use a knife to release the cake from the form before getting off the ring. Sprinkle with raw cocoa powder and decorate with coffee beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment