Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Raw Blackberry Dream Breakfast



Don't forget to visit also my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/spicedblueberryshake 
 and give me your like and share, thanks!


Do you like sweet breakfast? I always crave sweet fruits on the mornings after I wake up. Banana is a great start of a new day. Paired with blackberry and figs brings the morning to another level. Sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg and a beautiful raw creation is served. 


When I was little, my grandmother had all kinds of fruits, berries and vegetables in her garden. I remember feeding my dog with blackberries, he loved them! Fresh blackberries were always my favourite kind of berries. 


Sometimes I really miss the times spent in my grandmothers garden eating real, organic food without realizing how important and nourishing it is for my body. Now I live thousands of miles far from my grandmothers place, in an apartment and to get organic produce is really not that easy anymore. 


Raw Blackberry Dream Breakfast

serves 2

4 big, ripe bananas, sliced 

blackberry jam:
1 1/2 cups blackberries
1 cup fresh figs, chopped
4 dates, pitted (or more if desired)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg 
1/4 cup water, or more if needed

garnish:
few blackberries, figs and leaves of mint

To make the jam: Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until you get a smooth mixture. 
Assembly: Place a layer of sliced bananas on each plate and spread over with the jam. Place another layer of bananas on the top and continue the process four - five times. Spread the jam over the top and edges. Repeat the process on the second plate. Garnish with blackberries, figs and few leaves of mint, serve and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. ohgoodgolly that's sheer heaven on a plate! So many of my favorite flavors all together for a gloriously yumful treat. When I was growing up our next door neighbor had a huge berry patch and she would let us pick a handful if we walked her dog. I loved spending lazy summers that way. :)
    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great memories! :) You make me miss the summer. But every season comes with some nice memories linked to food, now it's autumn and I can't wait to make some recipe using persimmons.

      Delete